Jodi Kastel McCaffrey
M.A., Corporate and Public Communication
Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
B.A., English/Creative Writing
Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ
Social Media Strategist, Emergency Medical Associates, Livingston, NJ
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy for multiple business units associated with a 400-doctor ER physician practice to increase visibility and brand awareness.
- Manage social media and web marketing initiatives for Emergency Medical Associates, Inpatient Medical Associates, eMedical Offices, EMA Clinical Information Managers, Proven Healthcare Solutions and EDIMS LLC.
- Serve as content manager and webmaster for the company’s eight websites and employee intranet.
- Co-chair of the company’s Communications Committee with the Senior Vice President of Marketing & New Business Development.
January 2001-November 2010
Manager, Publications & Web Development, Somerset Medical Center, Somerville, NJ
- Oversaw the development, accuracy and distribution of all print and electronic media publications. Ensured deadlines are met, project budgets were observed and editorial standards were maintained.
- Implemented social media campaigns, including a presence on Facebook and Twitter, creating RSS feeds and adding social bookmarking capabilities and online forums.
- Promoted community-based fundraisers, including the Far Hills Race Meeting, Golf Classic, Music at Moorland and Steeplechase Distance Run.
- Managed production of quarterly community magazine (circ 168,000), quarterly senior magazine (circ 12,000), weekly internal e-newsletter, monthly external e-newsletter (circ 6,000) and print employee newsletter (circ 2,000), overseeing creative content and design. Worked closely with senior leadership to ensure key messages were communicated.
- Developed all brochures and printed materials.
- Served as chief administrator of the medical center's six websites and employee intranet. Collaborated with Information Services Department to develop strategic plans for the sites.
- Trained employees on Web site content management system.
- Outsourced appropriate projects to freelance writers, graphic designers, photographers and printers.
- Maintained knowledge of Associated Press writing style.
- Provided media on-call coverage for the department.
Fall 2006, Fall 2007
Adjunct Instructor, Raritan Valley Community College, North Branch, NJ
- Taught "Introduction to Public Relations"
- Developed syllabus and all homework, projects, tests and quizzes
- Researched and purchased supplemental materials for in-class instruction
- Developed real-world final project which required teams of students to work directly with actual clients to research, create and pitch a marketing plan. Clients included Somerset County Business Partnership, Somerset County Cultural Diversity Coalition, The Beez Foundation, Elijah’s Promise Soup Kitchen and The Children’s Museum of Somerset County.
October 1998 to January 2001
Editor, Health Resources Publishing, Manasquan, NJ
- Wrote eight national monthly newsletters on a variety of health care topics
- Edited 19 national newsletters
- Designed, compiled and reported original survey data
- Authored The Healthcare IS/IT Market Yearbook (2001), Grant Funding for Elderly Health Services (1999)
- Served as featured speaker: e-Healthcare Trends: An Executive Briefing.
- Served as conference coordinator: Online Disease Management: The Promise, The Potential and The Practical.
June 1997 to October 1998
Staff Reporter, Asbury Park Press/Times-Beacon Newspapers (Gannett Co. Inc.), Manahawkin, NJ
- Covered news generated in four municipalities in news beat
- Filed stories on daily and weekly deadlines
- Associated Press and American Psychological Association editing styles
- Social media campaign management
- Desktop graphic design
- Web site content management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe PhotoShop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Macromedia Flash, Microsoft Excel, HTML coding
- Somerset County Association of Young Professionals
- Somerset-Hunterdon American Heart Walk (Red Cap Survivor Ambassador, 2006)
- Public Relations Society of America-NJ Chapter
- Washington Junior Women's Club
- Servant Leader Scholarship, 2004, Seton Hall University
- Servant Leader Scholarship, 2003, Seton Hall University
- Health Resources Publishing, 2000, Journalist of the Year
- New Jersey Press Association, 1997, Robert P. Kelly Award